I do not want to relive this last week. It was quite the beating. Monday started out just fine and then came Tuesday. I called to make an appointment to follow up on my foot which I fractured a couple months ago. I was due to take the boot off a couple of weeks ago, and it has still been giving me problems. So at 4:00 pm, I headed out with both kiddos (which was my first mistake) to the appointment. I checked in, and then took a seat. While we were sitting there Noelle noticed one of the lamps was not on, and my particular child wanted it to be on, so I told her she could turn it on. Little did I know, the lightbulb was missing and she stuck her finger where the lightbulb was supposed to be. She ended up electrocuting herself. She immediately started screaming and puking all over the place. I grabbed the nearest trash can and tried not to panic. Of course, the secretary was extremely nervous, because the lamp should have had a lightbulb!! So we then had to get Noelle checked out. Her vital signs, her heart rhythm..... The doctor seemed to think she was going to be okay. I was just ordered to keep an eye on her, and bring her in if there was anything funny. I am still not over that whole ordeal. But then came my turn!
The doctor looked at my foot, and decided to re-xray it. About this time, we had already been there about an hour and a half, and the kiddos were starting to go crazy on me. So I rushed to the xray room and then waited some more. The doctor came in and gave me the bad news. I now had a stress fracture and a cyst that was pushing on my tendon. He wanted me back in the boot, and he needed to drain the cyst. About this time, I started to cry, and I called Kevin and told him that he needed to get up here to help me out once he got off work. There was no way the doctor was going to be able to drain the cyst with Noelle in the room. So Kevin was there in about 15 minutes. Thank goodness!! But then came Holt's turn!
Friday morning Holt woke up with his right chest red, hard, and swollen. I was thinking, "You have got to be kidding me!!" So I called the pediatrician, and told her I thought my son had mastitis, and she told me to come on in. And sure enough, he has mastitis! Thankfully, we caught it early otherwise the pedicatrician said I would be making a trip to the hospital. So they drew a bunch of blood to send off. Poor thing! And we have started him on antibiotics every 8 hours which is proving to really aggravate his reflux, and he has been puking like crazy, so this next week is going to be a long one too. We are just praying for quick recovery and no fever, so we do not have to go to the hospital.
SO please keep us in your prayers as everything is starting to catch up with us. Sleepless nights and now all these medical issues.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh no! I am so sorry! I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers! Hang in there!
:( What a bummer of a week! I will be praying for y'all! On the bright side, at least Kevin hasn't had his turn!:)
WOW!! Peggy had told me all the stuff you just had to deal with - When it rains it pours!!!! Hope that everyone is well or at least getting there! :)
Oh my goodness! What a week! You will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything to help.
Man! You've had it rough this week! I'll pray for healing and peace for your family! love ya!
Post a Comment